We are now OPEN to treat you safely within current professional and government guidelines. We are delighted to be able to see you again and thank you for your understanding regarding the extra steps we have introduced to ensure the safety of you and our team when you visit.
In accordance with the guidelines we continue to prioritise emergency care but have now opened our doors for most other treatments and appointments. Please give us a ring if you’d like to make an appointment.
We will initially contact those patients who missed appointments at the start of lockdown or who have outstanding treatment and work our way through, but there’s a few on the list so please feel free to call us first!
We look forward to welcoming new and existing patients back, please call us if you’d like to make an appointment. Due to the current regulations in treating patients safely and to reduce further disruption to your appointments, it is currently not possible to book on-line.
Maybe not you, but many have missed out on their anti-wrinkle treatments. Please call us to make an appointment – we are open and safe to carry out these treatments. Time to get back to “normal”!
Our commitment to best practice and the highest cross infection standards remain a top priority at Arden House; these processes keep our practice a safe and comfortable place for you to receive treatment. Alongside our customary high levels of decontamination, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, you are likely to notice some additional changes, even before you arrive.
These include but are not exclusively listed below:
- Risk assessing patients; our team will ask you some screening questions both at the time of making your appointment and when you arrive to schedule your appointment safely.
- If possible, we will send you relevant documentation digitally to fill out before your appointment, such as your medical history and what to expect when you arrive; these forms can be completed on any computer, iPad or smart phone.
- Limiting the number of patients and staff in the building at any one time; unless a minor or it is unsafe to do so we ask you to come alone for your appointment.
- A protective screen at reception
- Our hygienists will continue to care for you using hand instruments and the support or a dental nurse.
- Managing appointments to allow for social distancing between patients and sufficient time to decontaminate the surgeries; this might mean that you are offered fewer options to schedule your appointment.
- Frequent use and availability of hand alcohol gel for patients
- More frequent wiping down of communal areas with alcohol wipes
- Removing the papers, books and magazines from the lounge; these are difficult to clean and disinfect
- Asking you to pay by card
- Removing the laundered hand towels in the bathroom and requesting you only use our facilities in an emergency, please visit your own bathroom and brush your teeth before you leave home!
- The provision of an increased level of PPE; our team may be in different protective clothing but the same smiley faces will be beneath.
For the immediate future, some treatments, will incur an additional safety fee; this is to contribute towards the increased costs required to now treat you safely. We will of course let you know if this relates to you, as we always aim to be clear and transparent around our fee structure.
We look forward to welcoming you. We thank you for your continued support and patience during this time as we all adapt. We are happy to answer questions you may have, about the steps we take, to keep you and every patient safe in our practice.
See you soon
Sarah Farrier and the Arden House Team