Do we need to improve?
If you are unhappy with something we have done, please tell us. We want to offer you the best service we can so it is important we know where we may have fallen short.
We take your complaints very seriously indeed.
We will deal with your complaint courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible. We will deal with complaints in the way that we would like our own complaints handled. We try to learn from every mistake that we make and we want to respond to your concerns in a caring and sensitive way.
- Our Practice Manager, Vicki Whincup is responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service we provide.
- All complaints via the telephone or at the reception desk are listened to. If our Reception team can help they will, but you will also be offered the opportunity to speak to Vicki immediately. If she is not available at that time, then you will be given the opportunity to speak to Sarah Farrier, Principal. If neither of them is available, we will take brief details of your complaint and pass these on so Vicki or Sarah can contact you as soon as possible.
- Written or emailed complaints are dealt with directly by Vicki.
- We have a complaints procedure that we follow and if you would like a copy of this, please ask Sarah, Vicki or the Reception team who will be happy to help.
- We will acknowledge any complaint in writing (within 3 working days) and aim to investigate and respond to you within 10 working days. If we can’t do this, we will let you know and give you a likely period in which our investigation will be completed
- If you are not satisfied with the result of our procedure then you can make a complaint to:
- The Dental Complaints Service, Stephenson House, 2 Cherry Orchard Road, Croydon CR0 6BA. Tel: 020 8253 0800. www.dcs.gdc-uk.org
- The General Dental Council, 37 Wimpole Street, London, W1G 8DQ. Tel: 020 7167 6000. www.gdc-uk.org
- Care Quality Commission, National Customer Service Centre. Citygate, Gallowgate, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE1 4PA. Tel: 03000 616161. www.cqc.org.uk
Please note, we keep strictly to the rules of confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we need to know that you have his or her permission to do so. Please provide a note from the person(s) stating this.